When you're down, out of shape, and depressed, getting up and motivated is the last thing on your mind! Making that decision to make a change and committing is probably the hardest step. To be honest even during the journey it can be really rough. There may be many times you want to give up!
I think one of the things that I use as motivation is the fact I don't want to go back to my starting point! That was a lot more rough than just getting up and powering through the workout. The great part of challenge groups or having success partners is that you motivate each other, vent to each other, support each other through the hard times and hold each other accountable.
Even if you're at rock bottom, there's still a chance to turn your life around. It's never too late, you're worth it. On this blog and during this journey together, we will motivate each other, share recipes and tips. The most important thing to tell yourself when you're starting out is that this is a lifestyle change and NOT a diet.
When you look at diets it's really hard to stick with them. At least when I've tried them, I would start them and they always ended up failing. I would inevitably end up back at square one. It's crucial to change your habits, because if they were working then we wouldn't be here right?!? Creating a foundation of good health for you and your family will not only benefit you, but your loved ones. You have to have that clean slate to refresh and start over.
I am New Mexican and we LOVE food, so it's also important to remember that you don't have to give up the food you love. You can modify them to be healthier for you. For instance, we make our own salsa with fresh ingredients and I learned to quarter corn tortillas and bake them until golden brown so I can still have my chips and salsa. I will dive more into clean eating later, but for now my main goal is show you that clean eating does not mean you have to give up what you love, you're just making it that much better!
Making lifestyle changes does not need to scary or impossible. It is possible to find a balance so that you don't feel like you're on a diet.
So let's get started! Next we'll start diving into clean eating!

No comments:
Post a Comment